The Strongest Candidates
- Demonstrate an ability to develop a positive, achievement-oriented, supportive, and collaborative culture of high expectations that motivates and inspires scholars to learn at college-preparatory levels.
- Know how to use data, technology and innovative teaching methods to drive classroom learning and prepare all scholars to succeed in college and beyond.
- Thrive in an environment of high expectations and collaboration to grow and hone their craft.
- Have a relentless belief that all scholars, regardless of their economic or social circumstances, deserve a quality education and can earn a four-year college degree.
- Desire to be a part of Alliance’s social justice mission and teach in L.A. communities in need of strong public schools.
- Possess strong academic content expertise, instructional and classroom management skills, as well as content area expertise and a deep knowledge of effective evaluation and assessment techniques to drive scholar learning.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills with both children and adults.
- Be open to feedback, eager to develop professionally, and have an entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment.
The Alliance Difference
Hear From Your Peers
English Language Coordinator
Special Education and English Learners
Benefits, Compensation, Credentials
- Medical, dental, and vision are covered at 100% of monthly premiums for individual employees and at least $1,000 per month toward family plan premiums.
- Find information about the cost to participants, beneficiaries and enrollees for in-network and out-of-network healthcare services by clicking on our healthcare providers Transparency in Coverage link: Anthem and Kaiser.
- Teachers participate in the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS) with an expected 2020-21 Alliance match of 18.4%.
- Educators are provided five weeks of paid leave during school breaks, plus sick leave that accrues at one day per month.
- Alliance supports out-of-state teachers with their certification transition and provides relocation aid for eligible applicants.
- Additional resources include LifeMart discounts and savings through ADP. Summer Savings Resources through SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union. Employee Assistance Program Resources through Unum.
- $100 reimbursement for classroom supplies.
- All team members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the safety of our scholars, family, and staff. Team members may apply to seek a medical exemption. Regardless of your current vaccination status, our team can advise you on how to fulfill this important requirement so that you can start the position in a timely way.
- All Teachers must have the ability to obtain a valid California Teaching Credential in the assigned subject area(s) and English Learner authorization (e.g., CLAD, BCLAD).
- All School Psychologists and Counselors must have a Master’s degree in a relevant field and possess a valid California Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPS) with proper authorization.
- Live Scan for Alliance and Commission (certificated staff)
- TB Test
- Prior to applying please review the credential requirements table.
- Yes. Teachers must have the ability to obtain a valid California Teaching Credential in the assigned subject area(s) and a valid English Learner authorization (e.g., CLAD, BCLAD) by August 1, 2020.
- Applicants who will hold any of the following credentials by August 1, 2020, are welcome to apply:
- California Single or Multiple Subject Credential (Clear or Preliminary)
- California University Internship Credential Eligible
- California Credential in Progress
- Non-California Credential Transferring to California (i.e., from other U.S. states)
- Please find more information about credentialing support here.
- In an effort to be equitable and transparent, the salary of teachers new to Alliance is based on years of prior credentialed teaching experience (note: a full year counts as long as you’ve served as a credentialed teacher for 80% of the school year).
- We have a salary schedule for our returning teachers after their first year with an Alliance school. Teachers are evaluated throughout the year and, based on their performance, their salary will be adjusted. In order to qualify for the performance-based pay, employees need to serve at least 80% of the year.
- It depends. You may be hired directly to an individual school role or you may be hired generally in your subject area, in which case our staff will help you find the best match among our schools with open positions.
- We will contact you if you’re the right fit for our schools and we have openings aligned to your qualifications. If you don’t hear from us right away, we might reach out later because our needs are constantly changing.
- Sign the offer letter within three days of receiving it (an extension can be provided as needed)
- Live Scan fingerprinting should be completed as soon as possible to ensure the report comes back to our team promptly. Staff and educators may not begin their employment with Alliance without a completed and cleared Live Scan.
- TB exams must have been completed within two months of your scheduled start date. Otherwise, you will need to complete a new TB exam prior to your start date.
- Yes. It’s policy that Alliance new hires submit a TB exam completed in the last two months prior to their scheduled start date. TB exams that are more than two months old are not valid.