Alliance was founded in 2004 by longtime Los Angeles educators and community leaders who wanted to strengthen public education in our city. Motivated by their deep belief in the promise of all children and driven by a fierce commitment to social justice, they created Alliance College-Ready Public Schools.
- The Guide to Allyship
- Inclusion, equity, and justice resources
- Talking to Kids about Race and Racial Inequity
- Social Identities And Systems Of Oppression
- Register to vote. Local, state, and federal votes all matter.
- Reach out to elected officials
- Call or write to state legislators, federal legislators, and your governor to end solitary confinement in excess of 15 days. It is considered torture by the UN, and it is used more frequently on Black/African-American and Latino prisoners. For more information on solitary, one good overviews can be found here.
Recursos en español
- Consejos para hablar con tus hijos sobre las protestas y el racismo
- ¿Cómo hablar con los hijos sobre el racismo y la discriminación?
- First 5 LA: 5 recursos de Los Ángeles para hablar con los niños sobre la raza y la desigualdad racial
Black Lives Matter
Support Black businesses. Here are a few examples:
The Black Wallet
Official Black Wall Street
In response to the uprisings across the globe demanding justice for Black lives, the Schomburg Center has created a Black Liberation Reading List. The titles on the list represent books the Schomburg Center turns to regularly as activists, students, archivists, and curators, with a particular focus on books by Black authors.
We partner with our scholars, families and staff to provide resources like the Immigrant Rights Toolkit as well as provide a list of organizations that provide support.
2845 W. 7th St., Los Angeles, CA 90005
CHIRLA (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights)
Charter Schools are governed under the 1993 Charter School Act and must seek reauthorization every five years. When an Alliance school is up for renewal, parents, staff and scholars share their public charter school experience with the Los Angeles United School District (LAUSD) Board Members through letter-writing campaigns and public comments during LAUSD Board meetings. The day of the renewal vote, the One Alliance spirit comes to life as scholars, families, and staff rally outside LAUSD headquarters.