U.S. News & World Report again recognized all 17 eligible Alliance high schools as among the best in the nation in the publication’s annual ranking of Best Public High Schools. More than 24,000 high schools were reviewed based on factors including students' college readiness, math and reading performance, as well as performance of schools' underserved students, college curriculum availability, and graduation rate. Nine Alliance high schools placed in the top 5% of high schools in the country, and Alliance Gertz-Ressler Richard Merkin 6-12 Complex placed in the top 1%. Locally, 6 Alliance schools were named among the top 100 high schools in California out of 2,572, and 8 were named among the top 20 high schools in Los Angeles.
Special shout out to the following Alliance high schools that were in the top 5% nationwide:
- Alliance Gertz-Ressler / Richard Merkin 6-12 Complex*
- Alliance Marc & Eva Stern Math and Science School
- Alliance Ted K. Tajima High School
- Alliance Dr. Olga Mohan High School
- Alliance Judy Ivie Burton Technology Academy High School
- Alliance Patti and Peter Neuwirth Leadership Academy
- Alliance Leichtman-Levine Family Environmental Science High School
- Alliance Collins Family College-Ready High School
- Alliance Ouchi-O'Donovan 6-12 Complex
*Ranked in the top 1% nationwide.
Additionally, the California Department of Education recognized Alliance Judy Ivie Burton Technology Academy High School with the prestigious 2022 California Pivotal Practice School Award (CAPP) for their success in implementing exceptional practices during the 2020–21 school year when California required schools to offer distance learning due to the pandemic. Only 56 schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District received this recognition.
Thank you for being one of the treasured champions in our community helping Alliance prove, locally and nationally, that exceptional public schools can be the rule for all scholars regardless of background or zip code.